Black Bean Brownies 101
Yesterday morning the little buzzer and I were in a baking kind of mood as you can see from the pictures. You might also notice that she deemed it to be a Rainbow Dash kind of day as well as she was adorning her My Little Pony getup all day long. Oh to be young and have such an imagination, ha!
- 1 15 oz can Black beans
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Coffee grounds
- Puree black beans in food processor or blender (or mash with a fork). If you're trying for less dishes, the fork is the way to go!
- Mix black beans, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together most of the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, and coffee grounds (hello, moisture!).
- Mix both and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan and bake about 40 minutes at 375 degrees F (175 C), until center is no longer gooey (test with a toothpick or knife). If you decide to go our route, make them in cupcake liners so that it's even less cleanup and they are already cutup into smaller portions.
- If you used a pan, allow them to cool slightly before cutting. Otherwise remove them from the muffin pan and place them on a cooling rack.