5 Favorite Ways to Use Honey
Honey offers a host of benefits for the body and is a great addition to your kitchen for spring. Don't just leave your jar of honey in the pantry though! Here are 5 of our favorite uses for honey.
1. Sweetener - Honey is a great natural alternative to processed white sugar. Use it in any recipe or even as a topping on toast.
2. Skin Saver - Mix honey with a bit of grapeseed oil and a teaspoon of baking soda for a natural homemade cleanser that exfoliates, hydrates, and even fights breakouts.
3. Allergy Fighter - Regularly adding raw, local honey to your diet can help ward off seasonal allergies by exposing your body to small doses of local allergens and building up your immune response.
4. Performance Booster - A few studies have shown that a spoonful of honey before a workout can help improve performance.
5. Hangover Cure - The natural sugars in honey speed up your metabolism which helps your body process the alcohol faster.