The Key to Perfecting the Natural Look
Today is National Selfie Day and we want to share our best tips for natural beauty with you!
What to try:
· Start with great skincare! Make sure you wash your face morning and night with a gentle, natural cleanser, moisturize, and use a face friendly SPF every day.
· Opt for natural pigments in your makeup. Try Bite or Pacifica for clean makeup options.
· Take breaks from your makeup! A product free day can be great for your skin.
· Store your productsin a cool, dark place (not in the car!) to prevent bacteria buildup.
What to avoid:
· Heavy, oil based foundations clog your pores and don't allow your skin to breathe. Opt for tinted moisturizer or a BB cream instead.
· Avoid leaving your makeup on while you sleep. Remove all your makeup and get into the habit of cleansing and moisturizing your skin before bed.
· Don't reapply extra coats of makeup. If you find your foundation is not staying on or that you need to touch up your concealer, remove some before you layer on more product.
· Keep an eye on your expirations and don't keep products past their shelf life. Makeup is a great place for bacteria to grow, so it is best to play it safe and replace products that are close to being expired (plus this is a great excuse to try a new shade!).