Fun & Interesting Uses for Wild Orange Essential Oil
I wanted to share one of my favorite oils for the fall with everyone and explain some of the benefits beyond the obvious. The fact that wild orange essential oil is so inexpensive is merely an added bonus. Yay!
Wild orange is known to be one of the most powerful and aromatic of the essential oils. It is one of the most excellent oils for disinfecting and killing fungus and pathogens. Its properties are very effective actions against colds and flu, and is highly recommended for use during their early stages. When a situation like this arises, you can either blend in with a massage oil (fractionated coconut oil is great for this) or added to a bath. Basically wild orange assists with colds and flu because it eliminates toxins from the body, while boosting the lymphatic and immune system. An added bonus is that the oil also helps ease nervous tension and stress which comes hand and hand with a cold or sickness typically. This oil is fabulous for children at bedtime that are suffering from any kind of sickness coming on as it helps offer a calming effect.
It can be both energizing, uplifting, and sedative. The oil instills feelings of peace. Wild orange's main constituent, limonene, has powerful anti-cancer activity, suggesting that this oil might be effective as an anti-cancer agent. A university study has demonstrated that wild orange oil is highly effective as an antidepressant.
Other fun and uses for wild orange oil:
• Diffusing wild orange is very effective at killing pathogens in the air. It provides a very pleasant way to disinfect and kill bacteria, and assists with colds and flu. You could use this with an electronic diffuser or with a sterile bottle allowing it to evaporate.
• Diffuse in the car on long trips. It is very calming and uplifting, and relieves stress. Its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-pathogenic activity are great for when you’re exposing yourself to new germs and toxins.
• Put 1-2 drops of wild orange in drinking water. It's a good diuretic, and is most useful in balancing water retention, and may be helpful with obesity. Its lymphatic-stimulant action further helps to balance water processes, as well as detoxification, aiding the immune system and general well-being. Not all essential oils are ingestible, so please make note of that.
• Use in massage for its invigorating, yet calming, properties. Can be very helpful for muscle pain or aching.
• Wild orange oil is certified GRAS by the FDA, and is safe for ingestion. Adding 1-2 drops of this oil to ¼ cut of water and drinking can be very helpful for acid reflux or heartburn. It has a powerful alkalizing effect on the system, making it very effective for many digestive issues.
• Mix with a carrier oil and massage on an infant's tummy to help relieve a stomach ache.
• Add several drops of wild orange oil to some water in a spray bottle, shake well, to disperse the oil, and spritz on bed sheets, drapes or upholstery to freshen the space.
• Mix wild orange oil with water, to wipe down kitchen and bathroom surfaces. Just make sure you’re mindful of how little you need for this!
• It also supports collagen formation in the skin, so you could definitely rub this on your face, or your entire body for that matter.
Let me know if you have any questions! Please note that not all oils are ingestible. I use doTerra oils and those are. If you are interested in those oils, you can follow this link: http://mydoterra.com/infinitewarrior
Have a fun Friday night, whatever your plans may be.
Love & light,