Happy Buzzer Bellies
With all of the processed junk food out there right now, I really try to keep a mindful diet for myself; but more importantly, for my little buzzer. When kids want to enjoy a fun treat, they should be able to do so without adding toxins to their digestive systems, thus throwing off their energy levels completely. I've experimented with this baked good (perfect for breakfast or after dinner) that's kid-approved & makes for a happy belly!
When I think of dessert, I think of cake. Contrary to popular belief, non-dairy cake can be absolutely rich and mouth-watering. This amazing vegan cake recipe is even gluten-free, with a mix of rice flours, potato starch, and almond flour that gives it structure along with moist texture. These luscious chai mini bundt cakes are spicy, sweet and coated with a wonderfully complimentary coconut icing; bound to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Mini Chai Bunts with Coconut Icing, GF + V
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
3-5 tbsp chai spice – or cinnamon, cardamom, clove & ginger
1 tbsp baking powder
1tbsp vanilla extract or powder
1/2 cup organic raw sugar
2/3 almond milk
squirt of fresh lemon juice
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2-1 cup of almond milk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine wet cake ingredients: almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk until foamy.
3. In another small bowl, combine dry ingredients: sugar, flours, powers, spices and salt. Whisk in dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well incorporated.
4. Pour batter into bundt, cupcake or cake pan and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil and almond milk until incorporated. Then, slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency.