The Endless Benefits to Drinking Coffee
If you follow me on Instagram or know me personally, you know that I have an affinity for coffee. It only made sense to me to talk about the endless benefits of such an elixir on a Monday.
So here they are, some fun facts about coffee:
1. Did you know that you end up burning fat because of of the caffeine and your metabolic rate soars up to 11% higher than it was? This obviously doesn't translate to having pots and pots of it, but it's a nice bonus. The stones that are pair nicely with speeding up your metabolism are sodalite, labradorite, and amethyst.
2. Coffee acts as a huge source of antioxidants which helps support your immune system, skin, heart, and your eyes. The best stone when looking for an antioxidant is amethyst.
3. Even just the smell can help relieve stress. Sign me up! There are so many options when it comes to stress-relieving stones: amazonite (my personal favorite!), amethyst, howlite, labradorite, lapis lazuli, obsidian, sodalite, and unakite. Amazonite is great for helping eliminating the monkey chatter which is often just that extra going on in your head that you can't seem to shake.
4. Multiple cups a day helps lower your risk for heart disease by 21%.
5. It's no calories, well unless you doctor it up. You can always use a healthy alternative rather than the traditional cream and sugar.
6. It doesn't contribute to high blood pressure; soda does. Yet another reason to drink coffee over soda. Lapis lazuli is fabulous for high blood pressure as it helps purify the blood which obviously helps the circulatory system.
7. Studies show that coffee drinkers are less likely to develop Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
Some of my favorite coffee shops in the US:
Urth Caffe in Santa Monica
Floriele in Lincoln Park, IL
Alderaan Coffee in Milwaukee
Fiddleheads in downtown Cedarburg, WI
Love + Light,