Overnight Oats 5 Ways
Oatmeal is the ultimate healthy breakfast, but we don't always have time to make oats from scratch in the morning. Solution? Overnight oats to go! Follow this basic recipe and then try our five variations to keep things interesting!
Overnight Oats - makes 1 serving
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (or your favorite dairy free alternative)
1 tbsp. chia seeds
Stack your oats, chia seeds, then yogurt in a mason jar. Add any mix ins to the top and place a lid on the jar. Give it a shake and place it in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours. In the morning, just remove the lid, stir, and enjoy!
Now try these fun varieties or make up your own recipe! Share your creations with us on Instagram using hashtag #IWbreakfast!
1. Strawberry cheesecake: add fresh sliced strawberries, 1/2 tsp raw sugar, and 1 tbsp. of cream cheese. In the morning, sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top.
2. Pumpkin Spice: add 2 tbsp. of pumpkin puree, 1tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1tsp raw honey, and 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds.
3. Peanut Butter Chocolate: add 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter, 1 tsp. raw cacao powder, and 2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs.
4. Peach Cobbler: add 1 small peach (peeled, pitted, and diced), 1 tsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp. almond pieces, and 1 tsp agave syrup.
5. Banana Bread: add 1/2 sliced banana, 2 tbsp. walnut pieces, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.