Top 5 Air Purifying Plants for Your Home
Craving a little green right now? So are we! That's why we compiled a list of the best air purifying plants that you can keep right in your home. Not only are they gorgeous to look at, they actually help to remove toxins from the air from paint, cleaning products, and even gasoline emissions through a process called phytoremediation. Add one of these green beauties to your home this spring!
1. Philodendron - This vine is known for its heart shaped leaves and is one of the best plants for removing VOCs from the air, particularly from sources like particleboard furniture that emits formaldehyde.
2. Boston Fern - This prehistoric looking plant is super efficient at filtering toxins like mold spores out of the air and ranks among the highest for removing formaldehyde as well.
3. Spider Plant - This is one of my favorite air purifying plants because it naturally produces "baby" plants that can be repotted and moved to different areas of your home to boost the air purifying benefits.
4. Aloe Vera - This multipurpose plant is not only great for soothing sunburn and making anti-inflammatory juice, but it is also an easy to maintain air purifier!
5. Snake Plant - This pointy leafed plant is one of the best at removing formaldehyde from the air, plus it is great for the bedroom as it filters CO2 and releases oxygen at night while you sleep! This plant is very low maintenance and prefers low light.