I scream, you scream, we all scream for … nice cream? That’s right! We are obsessing over nice cream these days when it’s hot out and we want a frozen treat without overindulging. Here is our go to basic nice cream recipe plus a few chocolatey variations to get your fix for National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!
Banana Nice Cream:
Makes 1 serving
1 frozen banana
1-2 tbsp milk (or your favorite nondairy milk alternative)
Mix ins and toppings of your choice
Slice and freeze 1 banana. Blend the frozen banana adding just a splash of milk as you blend to reach an ice cream consistency. Then, add any mix ins and flavorings you might want and pulse the blender until it is combined.
Try these variations on traditional chocolate ice cream and let us know what your favorite combo is in the comments!
1. Mix in 1tsp raw cacao powder and top with dark chocolate shavings
2. Blend a few fresh mint leaves in the nice cream and mix in milk chocolate chips
3. Blend in a natural chocolate syrup and scoop over a warm brownie
4. Add a few drops of vanilla extract to the mixture and mix in chocolate chips for a spin on chocolate chip cookie dough
5. Add a swirl of peanut butter and chocolate syrup and top with a peanut butter cup for a sweet serving of protein